Sunday 20 April 2014

OUAS april: Congrats

Hi everyone! Happy easter sunday! 
How have you been? my mother excitedly told us today that she was promoted and I took a picture of her with her certificate without letting her know that I wanted to do a layout for her... and when i was searching for some inspirations for me to start my layout, I thought OUAS's theme for april does match, "An event that changed my life.."

My take:
"Congrats"
It took me quite some time before deciding to use MME's follow your heart paper, wanted something bright for this happy layout :) I started the layout by applying gesso on my new stencil and sprayed some orange and pink mists till I was satisfied with the look.


 Another close-up shot on the layerings... camera doesnt seem to be able to focus on the flowers, guess I have to learn to use this camera oops. I cut some of the flowers from one of the patterned papers, layering it with the buttons. My recent favourite technique to finish a layout, punching and sticking mini flowers all over the page where I think is empty :)

Products used:
MME - follow your heart "Be happy" striped paper
Miss caroline - Howdy Doody "Lovely" mums paper
The sweetest thing - Tangerine "Sunshine" blossom paper 
follow your heart "Be amazing" honey blue paper 
Chipboard elements - the sweetest thing honey collection
Sprays - Adirondack - "Sunset orange"
Mister Huey - "First kiss"

Thanks for popping by!

3 comments:

  1. And she has every right to be proud - that's a great achievement! Love the 'happy' vibe your page is giving & the little flowers are cute! I'm so pleased you joined us at OUAS this month. And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is such a lovely layout and what a wonderful surprise for your mom to do it for her. Lots of love poured into this page. Congratulations to her. You are right not many people go after their dreams. Lovely colours and wonderful photos. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet layout Chermaine! If that's your mum, she looks really, really young! That means you must be an even younger person yourself and this is truly a glimpse into your own potential and talent. You've really used the soft colours of the MME papers wonderfully. And it's always great to see a fellow Singaporean scrapper taking part in challenges. Thanks again for playing along with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete